Admin User Overview
Your organization has one administrator which is created upon registration.
The admin user can see all the vehicles, drivers, and clients belonging to the account, and has full authority to perform any action, such as adding users and clients, create Areas, assigning drivers to vehicles, and creating custom reports. Typically, the admin user login is reserved for administering the account: adding vehicles, teams, and clients that other users work with.
In this article, you will get acquainted with the structure of your Xfleet Organization and Basic Structure Setup to do in the "Settings", as the administrator account.
Only the user with specific administrator rights can configure the organization, add and manage Teams, Depots, and create Dispatchers. The administrator can also add Clients, Orders, Vehicles, Drivers, set up Territories, access and customize analytics or reports for the all the teams.
Xfleet Sample Data for testing and examples
You will find demo data loaded to your platform helping to get acquainted faster. If you don't need it you can erase all data and start clean.
Having trouble understanding features or experiencing issues with the Xfleet product?
Fill out this form
to reach Xfleet Support.
In order to utilize Xfleet Platform you must complete all information bellow:
Departments & Teams group clients, orders, vehicles, drivers and dispatchers together and are used to segment an organization by geographic area, operational unit, or any other desired structure. The administrator has access to all teams while dispatchers and drivers have access only to teams they have been assigned.
By organizing your clients, jobs, vehicles and drivers into teams, you can run reports on just those vehicles or drivers, or you can control which vehicles or drivers other users can work with.
Go to Settings - select Teams - press Add (+) - write your Team name - press "active" and Save.
Settings, select User, add new "+", write email, select team(s) and select group "Driver", press Active and SAVE.
They will receive an email with a link for login.
Drivers are added to your account with email email invitation by the administrator or a dispatcher and are assigned to one or more teams. They complete tasks in the field using the driver app on Android or iOS.Assign Driver to Vehicle
Create Dispatchers or Limited Admins
To add a new one go to Settings, select User, add new "+", write email, select team and group "Dispatcher" or Admin. Press Active and SAVE.
They will receive an email with a link for login.
Dispatchers are added by the administrator and are assigned to one or more teams. A dispatcher is a user who views and/or manages more information like clients, vehicles, drivers and jobs for assigned teams. For example:
- A delivery planner
- A fleet manager
- A customer service agent
For a limited Admin you can individually select user permission without selecting a Group.
Vehicles are driven by your drivers and service the jobs that make up the turn-by-turn routes between your customers using their marker precise on map locations.
Vehicle-related topics in this section:
- Creating / editing / deleting vehicle
- Importing and exporting vehicles - Exporting a file that lists all vehicles in a scenario, and importing vehicles from a file.
- Assign a Driver to a Vehicle- Setting the driver for vehicle in the Xfleet platform so that will simplify allocation in RoutePlan.
A Depot is a location from which your drivers start and end routes. For example:
- A warehouse
- Company headquarter
- A parking lot
- An address
Depots are created by administrators and can be assigned to one team. Type the address on map field, press Enter to find it. The map will show an area, press the marker on the right to select tool and press again on the map. You can move it by simply click and move.
Optional Create Zones (Territories)
Zones are polygon-shaped areas that you can create on the map and assign to one or more drivers or vehicles. Any jobs within that particular geographic area can be serviced only by the drivers / vehicles that are assigned to the zone.
Zone-related topics in this section:
- Creating zones means defining geographic areas and assigning it to one or more drivers.
- Editing the details of zones you created previously.
- Deleting existing zones from a scenario.
- Exporting a file that lists all zones in a scenario, and importing zones from a file.
- Using zones when assigning Jobs - How to make use of zones for assigning jobs to your drivers.
Additional users can be limited in many ways:
The admin user can add additional users to the account for people in the organization to use. Because these user accounts are intended for people who are actually working with the information, they typically do not need all the privileges that the main user has.
- Seeing vehicles and drivers, and clients: A user can be set up to see only a subset of the vehicles belonging to the account or for a team or the account or a subset of the drivers belonging to the account or for a team. You can also restrict the client categories that a user can see.
- Ability to view, edit, or delete types of information: A user can be set up to only view information, or to only have rights to change certain types of information. For example, a human resources employee might have the ability to create, edit, and delete driver details but only the ability to view vehicle details.
- Reports: A user can be restricted from viewing, editing, creating, or deleting reports.
- User administration: A user can be granted the right to create or edit the other users who are lower than them in the organizational hierarchy.
- Types of information: Users can have restricted access to information. They may have restricted access to features, or be restricted to a subset of the information about teams, drivers and vehicles. Extremely restricted access rights are useful for customers, so that they can monitor progress information without seeing your organization’s sensitive information.
- Mobile apps: A user can be restricted from accessing particular Xfleet GPS, Xfleet Driver or Xfleet Business Tools