Route Optimization Planning
Routes generated for any given day by RoutePlan are created using the best information available at the time, but will often need to be refined taking into account unforeseen changes.
This model 'next day' planning model is helpful when dealing with unpredictable events, such as:
- Road closures, construction or natural disasters that can impact traffic flow.
- Unavailable drivers - sickness, holiday, leave, over maximum shift length, and so on.
- Unavailable vehicles - mechanical breakdowns, maintenance, accidents, theft, compliance requirements, and so on.
- Changed customer orders - for example, last-minute changes to quantities, time windows.
- Emergency or one-off deliveries.
- Follow-up deliveries - jobs that couldn't be completed previously for any reason.
- Short or incomplete deliveries from previous shifts - jobs missed from the day before, for example.
To adjust for constantly shifting conditions, depot managers and route planners will typically use Live Map to:
- Review routes and jobs for a given day.
- Edit route details, including drivers, shifts and vehicles.
- Assign jobs to routes, or move jobs between routes.
- Add new jobs and remove jobs that are no longer required.
In this help guide you can find detailed descriptions of the core tasks you can perform with Live Map Dispatch, such as managing routes and jobs, assigning jobs to driven routes, modifying the number or order of jobs in a route, and copying jobs directly from one route to another. These tasks are organized into logical groups or areas for each requirements.