It’s a time of turmoil and innovation in the last mile. With the massive rise in demand for e-commerce, there has never been a more important time to reappraise your last mile strategy.
Cloud is no longer a differentiator - it's a strategic requirement for long term success. But that's all?
Questions to Ask When Considering Your Route Optimization System
- Does the system have built-in optimization features?
- Can you plan a route in multiple ways?
- Can you send routes directly to drivers’ phones and tablets?
- Can you make changes on the fly and on the road and update drivers through an app?
- Can you integrate GPS tracking data into the map?
- Can drivers collect signatures, make notes, and take photos?
- Can drivers/dispatchers see live traffic conditions? How about weather conditions?
- Can you define multiple personalized constraints for routes and plan in advance?
- Do you have access to complementary products, like dispatching, vehicle navigation, mobile, and advanced telematics?
- The solution will solve for current and future business needs?
- Is the product scalable and secure?
Contactless delivery and really keeping the drivers, as well as the customer, safe.
Gain a Competitive Advantage With Data and Technology
The most promising solutions to reducing the cost of online delivery are those that cluster pickups and deliveries or provide real-time location information to shoppers and carriers.
Investing in innovation key to surviving future pandemic, report shows